Date of issue: 28 June 2021
Welcome to the Learning Tree’s Cookies Policy!
2. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies, pixel tags and similar technologies (collectively “Cookies”) are files containing small amounts of information that are stored by your browser on any Internet-enabled device – such as your computer, smartphone, or tablet – when you visit a website. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit our Website, your browser may receive Cookies from several sources.
There are many different types of Cookies. For a detailed list of Cookies used on our Websites, please refer to the section below on what types of Cookies do we use?
3. HOW YOU CAN CONTROL OR DELETE COOKIES
We provide you with several ways to manage Cookies:
- You can refuse to provide your consent to our collection of non-essential Cookies
- You can disable first- or third-party Cookies using your browser settings
- You can use opt-out tools provided by our third-party service providers
Our performance, functionality and targeting/advertising Cookies are not strictly necessary for the Website to work but will provide you with a better browsing experience.
You can delete or block these Cookies, but if you do this, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit the Website, and some features of the Website may not work as intended. For example, you may not be able to visit certain pages of the Website, or you may not receive personalised information when you visit our Website.
4. CONTROL VIA YOUR BROWSER SETTINGS
Most internet browsers are initially set up to automatically accept Cookies. If you do not want our Website to store Cookies on your computer or device, you can change or adjust your browser or device settings to block Cookies or to alert you when Cookies are being sent to your device.
If you use different devices to view and access our Website (eg, your computer, smartphone, tablet, etc) you will need to ensure that each browser on each device is adjusted to suit your Cookie preferences.
The procedures for changing your settings and Cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or click on one of the links below to go directly to the user manual for your browser.
- Disable Cookies in Internet Explorer or Edge – Click here
- Disable Cookies in Micro Soft Edge – Click Here
- Disable Cookies in Chrome – Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari – Click here
- Disable Cookies in Firefox – Click here
- Disable Cookies in Safari IOS – Click here
- Disable Cookies in Google Android – Click here
- Disable Cookies in Opera – Click Here
5. THE TYPE OF COOKIES WE USE
|Type of Cookie||Description|
|Strictly Necessary Cookies||Strictly Necessary Cookies are necessary for the operation of our Website. These Cookies are essential in helping you to move around our Website and use the features, such as accessing secure areas of the Website or using the shopping cart.|
For example, we may use Strictly Necessary Cookies to:
|Performance Cookies||Performance Cookies simply help us improve the way our Website work. We utilize these Cookies to analyse how our visitors use our Website and to monitor our site performance.|
They tell us how people use each page, which ones are most commonly viewed, or whether any errors occurred. This allows us to provide a high-quality client experience and quickly identify then fix any issues that arise.
For example, we may use Performance Cookies to:
|Functionality Cookies||We use Functionality Cookies to allow us to remember your preferences.|
For example, we may use Functionality Cookies to:
|Targeting Cookies||Targeting Cookies help The Learning Tree make sure that the ads you see on our Website are relevant to you and your interests. Targeting Cookies may also be placed on your device by our third-party service providers that remember you have visited the site to provide you with ads more relevant to you.|
We may use Targeting Cookies to:
Many of the Cookies placed through our Website are Session Cookies, while others are persistent Cookies, and some are “first-party” Cookies, while others are “third-party “Cookies.
- First-party Cookies are those set by a site that is being visited by the user at the time (eg, Cookies placed by learningtreeglobal.com)
- Third-party Cookies are Cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the site being visited by the user. If a user visits a site and another entity sets a cookie through that site, this would be a third-party Cookie.
- Persistent Cookies are Cookies that remain on a user’s device for the time specified in the Cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the site that created that particular Cookie.
- Session Cookies are Cookies that allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session Cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session Cookies are deleted.
6. CONTACT US
Our address is https://learningtreeglobal.com or 2 Ncondo Place, Umhlanga Ridge, KwaZulu Natal, 4329, South Africa.